Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who can shop at Quartermaster Police Supply?

A: We are open to the public. While there are some restrictions on purchases like badges, the majority of what we sell is available to the public. We do sell firearms so you must be 18 years or older (or accompanied by an adult) to come into the store.

Q: What do I need to purchase a gun?

A: This is a basic guide to residency requirements and certain restrictions may apply. Please call or email with questions if your question is not answered below.


If you are a Virginia resident you need to bring your Virginia driver's license or ID card (and it must be at least 30 days old). You also need another form of ID with a matching address (hunting or fishing license, vehicle registration, utility bill, etc.).


If you are active duty military you will need to bring in your valid military ID card and your permanent duty orders assigning you to the state of Virginia.


If you are not a Virginia resident you are restricted from purchasing handguns; however, you may still purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns). The requirements are similar in that we need your resident state driver's license and another form of ID with a matching address.

Q: I found a gun online that I am interested in purchasing. What do I have to do?

A: First, we would love the opportunity to be the one you come to for purchasing your guns. Give us a call and let us know what you found and we may be able to match it. If we can't, the process is very simple. Just find out from the seller if they need our FFL or if they already have a copy (big dealers like Bud's Guns and Impact Arms already have it). Please note that we only deal FFL to FFL, so if you are buying from a private seller, they will have to arrange shipping from an FFL holder of their choice. Once the dealer has our FFL, they will ship the weapon to us with an original copy of their FFL along with your contact information. Once the weapon arrives here, we will call you and you can come in to fill out the necessary paperwork and pay our $20 transfer fee (we also collect the $2 state police fee at the same time). We run the paperwork and as soon as you are approved you are free to leave with your new gun.